Sunday, December 27, 2009

Day 2 Sunday December 27, 2009

I listened to the audio on Genesis Chapters 4-9. Yes, we planned on reading only Chapters 4-8. I was very much into learning more about Noah and his 3 son; Shem, Ham, and Japheth. I wanted to keep going, and I chose to stop one chapter later. The reading was during the afternoon, and was thankful to the children giving us time to do bible study while experiencing their time of arguments and fighting.
Chapter 4 was about Cain and Abel. This made me think; I realized that siblings will fight, and that is true in our home too. I have learned that fights are usually verbal, but sometimes can be physical. I just learned that I need to set ground rules. “If you want to fight, you must go outside to do it.” If I don’t give them my attention, the fight will be less interesting. “If you fight at a meal, you must leave the table. When you have worked out your problems, you may return.” If they don’t return by the time meal is over, they have missed it. I need to make sure there are no special meals for them. The GOAL is to teach them that fighting has no benefits.
Chapter 5 was about the genealogy of Adam to Noah. Can you imagine living almost a millennium? Adam lived 930 years, Adam’s son Seth lived 912 years, many others mention lived 900+ years, and Noah lived for 950 years. This was ONE life time for them. Now think about this year, 2009, it doesn’t seem that long anymore. We could be arriving into the third or fourth generation of a family. Think about IF your grandfather or great grandfather was born just over 2000 years ago. What it would be like? My grandfather was born in early 1900s and died in late 1990s. This just makes you think about how big God really is.
Chapter 6 was about the Great Flood and God spoke to Noah to build an ark that was 450 feet long, 75 feet wide, and 45 feet high.
Chapter 7 was about Noah and his wife, his three sons and their wives living in the ark during the rain for 40 days and 40 nights. The water flooded the earth for 150 days
Chapter 8 was about Noah coming out of the ark. He was 601 years old at this time.
Chapter 9 was about God’s Covenant with Noah. A rainbow will be a sign that of the covenant and never again will flood destroy all life. This chapter is the beginning of the sons of Noah and the roles which has been told.
As you can see I am getting tired of writing. My summaries were short and simple for the last few chapters. My brain needs a break from this, so I need to end it. I have notice this take quite a long time to do this blog stuff and actually getting into the Word takes time. You must make time for the Word!

Good Night,
Sandj

No comments:

Post a Comment