Thursday, March 4, 2010

Joshua 13-14 today..... Joshua 15-16 tomorrow...

Read it.
Sandj

3 comments:

  1. Read it... catching up on blogging slowly, but surely... thanks for your patience!
    In His Love,
    sandJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chapter 13: verse 1... ok, I was laughing here... 'when Joshua was old, the Lord said to him, "you are old"'... I suppose I could say more here, but I'll leave it at LOL :)... I do have to add that the remainder of that verse is a good reminder that we need to remember that we will not be around forever, and although we may be having a good run of things right now, and all seems to be lined up and we feel that we've got it under control, we still need to plan for our future (and that of those we love),... and not just wills and stuff here, either... what I mean in that is, what will happen to them when we are gone... do our loved ones, and others around us know Jesus personally, or are they relying on us for their 'religion'?... and also, who will finish the task of evangelizing the lost when we are gone, if we do not pass the 'baton' to others while we are alive... the whole idea behind making disciples, like Jesus said in the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20)... we need to tell people about Him, and teach them to tell others about Him, because one person can't do it all, and none of us are going to live forever.... listening to God in our lives is not just for our benefit... it might just be a time for us to step us and start reaching out to others and teaching them to do the same.
    verse 6... God saying to us, 'I know you are too weak to do this task, so I will be doing it for you'... no difference than what He'd been doing all along, but more of a way of addressing the new issue of weakness... sometimes we may think 'oh, I cant because of weakness A'... then, when God proves that He can, despite weakness A, and we learn to trust Him in that, we then forget to apply that lesson to weakness B... I think God is helping Joshua connect the dots by reassuring Joshua that God is not blind, He does know what's going on, and He's still going to take care of things just like He's been doing all along....
    a side question... the study notes imply that the land mentioned in verse 2-7 was never conquered by the Isrealites... is that true? when was it taken over, if ever? if not, are theologians thinking it will happen before the end times? when?... either way, it doesn't really matter, because God doesn't give a time here, so we just have to be patient until the time He chose to accomplish this... we know He is faithful and will do as He says... afterall, He is incapable of lying (Numbers 23:19, Titus 1:2, and Hebrews 6:18)

    sandJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chapter 14: verse 10-11... amazing that he is still just as 'vigorous' at 85 as he was at 40... we make God so finite in our minds, but God can accomplish things beyond our wildest imaginations... God is not finite... instead, we are in our thinking of Him
    verse 12... I have to smile at the picture of this spunky, really old guy, getting all riled up and ready to take a savage kingdom... but in all reality, Caleb is dead on... with God's help, all that God has said would happen, will happen... I know I've said it before, but why do we doubt GOD because of OUR limitations?
    vesre 14... it came to pass because he followed God 'wholeheartedly'... all that God has promised us in our lives will come to pass as well, as we follow and believe in God 'wholeheartedly', too

    sandJ

    ReplyDelete