Saturday, April 10, 2010

1 Samuel 23 today....... 1_Samuel 24 tomorrow...

Read it.
Sandj

2 comments:

  1. Read it... still catching up... blogs posted through 1 Samuel 12 now. Have a wonderful Sunday!
    God Bless,
    sandJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chapter 23: verse 1-6... it is an important note in verse 6 that Abiathar brought the ephod because that is how the rest of the other verses are able to be accomplished, I think.... good lesson to learn from David that we should always inquire of the Lord for clarity before moving ahead on an important decision, especially if we do not feel at peace with the prospect... we want to make sure that our actions are in line with God's will and desire before we proceed... but once we are certain, then we should not dilly-dally, but instead, take decisive action.
    verse 7-8... given the barrier this decision put David in, it is of utmost importance that he had inquired of God first, because then, David could be certain of God's help if things got extra tough.
    verse 9-12... sometimes I wish I had an 'ephod' I think... on a probably very unspiritual note (so please forgive me), this passage reminds me of the whole 'magic 8 ball' thing... although I realize that the 'answers' that come from that are totally not God... they are either mundane 'chance' or undesireable 'satanic force'... either way, completely untrustworthy, and not worth getting involved in or basing one's life on... best to stay away from the whole fortune-teller thing, since anything that is not from God, has to be from the evil one... important to remember this and not get sucked in by what is masqueraded as 'safe'(2 Corithians 11:14-15)... like a wolf in sheeps clothing or something... anyway, moving on...
    vesre 13... David is like a trouble magnet... if I were a town, I would be scared if I saw David coming, I think, and happy when he left without incidence
    verse 14... God is so faithful at caring for those He loves!
    verse 15-18... we can all use the encouragement of a friend when times get tough... I love how Jonathan is so willing to be that friend!... I know I've said this before, but it also makes me think about how we should be very willing and joyful to be like Jonathan to others, since we know we would desire a Jonathan in our own lives sometimes (Matthew 7:12)
    verse 19-23... I'm not so sure they were doing it for Saul's sake
    verse 24-26... such suspense!... if this were a movie the background music would be going crazy right about now :)
    verse 27-29... but, just in the nick of time, God sends a Philestine raid to save David... isn't it amazing the ways that God intervenes to protect and care for the needs of those who are in His service... I know if our lives, God has come through in some of the most peculiar ways, ways that I could have never dreamed up if I had tried, and yet, they have always fit perfectly... I'm so glad that God is God and I am not!... brings a new depth to Jesus's words telling us not to worry (Matthew 6:25-34)
    sandJ

    ReplyDelete