Chapter 29: verse 1-5... I have to say that I think the Philestine leaders had a pretty valid point... I wonder how accurate they were in their concerns? verse 6-7... wise choice by Achish, even if he didn't realize it, I think verse 8... did David not just hear Achish in the previous 2 verses? duh verse 9-10... wow, that is the nicest 'blow off' I have ever heard!... I wonder how David felt about being called an angel of God under these circumstances?... do we ever bring shame upon ourselves because we cannot honestly accept the fullness of blessing that God would have wanted to give us, because of our lack of faith and trust in Him and our resultant disobedient actions? verse 11... I know David might not see it that way, but I think God was rescuing him from his self-dug 'hard spot'... if David had fought against the Isrealites, he would have lost their trust to be their king later... and if he had fought against the Philestines, he would have lost their trust and blown his "cover" and potentially found himself in mortal danger... again causing harm to God's plans for David to be the next Isrealite king... yet, I find it truly amazing, that despite David's lack of discernment, God does not allow his plans to be twarted or screwed up... I think that this should be a comfort to us... a freedom even, to pursue God's will to the best of our abilities, all the time knowing that the success of those plans does not fall on our abilities (or lack of them)... sometimes I am so fearful to take a step because I am afraid that I will do so in the wrong direction and mess up God's eternal plan of salvation or something... yet, our key phrase applies once again (surprise, surprise): It is not about me!... God will win, and has already won... a pidily little human, like me, or any of us, is not going to ruin that... so, we should take confidence in the fact that God has it all under control, and just open our ears and eyes, and walk on out in His love. sandJ
The IDEA: Romans 1:12-That we may be mutually strengthened, encouraged, and comforted by each others faith. Have you ever read the whole Bible before? We have never done it. We want to share God’s Word, but how can we if we do not know it.
The PLAN: Ecclesiastes 4:12-One person is easily overcome, but two can stand together and conquer. Three is even better, though, as a triple-braided cord is not easily broken. With each others help we can succeed-So, let us team up and read the Bible in a year.
The DATE: We will start Dec 26, 2009 - Dec 26, 2010.
The FYI: We will read 3-4 chapters each day, starting in Genesis, and post thoughts daily. If you do not have a Bible, you can access many translations at www.biblegateway.com. You can also download an audio for each chapter at: http://www.audiotreasure.com/webindex.htm
Read it. Will comment soon.
ReplyDeletesandJ
Chapter 29: verse 1-5... I have to say that I think the Philestine leaders had a pretty valid point... I wonder how accurate they were in their concerns?
ReplyDeleteverse 6-7... wise choice by Achish, even if he didn't realize it, I think
verse 8... did David not just hear Achish in the previous 2 verses? duh
verse 9-10... wow, that is the nicest 'blow off' I have ever heard!... I wonder how David felt about being called an angel of God under these circumstances?... do we ever bring shame upon ourselves because we cannot honestly accept the fullness of blessing that God would have wanted to give us, because of our lack of faith and trust in Him and our resultant disobedient actions?
verse 11... I know David might not see it that way, but I think God was rescuing him from his self-dug 'hard spot'... if David had fought against the Isrealites, he would have lost their trust to be their king later... and if he had fought against the Philestines, he would have lost their trust and blown his "cover" and potentially found himself in mortal danger... again causing harm to God's plans for David to be the next Isrealite king... yet, I find it truly amazing, that despite David's lack of discernment, God does not allow his plans to be twarted or screwed up... I think that this should be a comfort to us... a freedom even, to pursue God's will to the best of our abilities, all the time knowing that the success of those plans does not fall on our abilities (or lack of them)... sometimes I am so fearful to take a step because I am afraid that I will do so in the wrong direction and mess up God's eternal plan of salvation or something... yet, our key phrase applies once again (surprise, surprise): It is not about me!... God will win, and has already won... a pidily little human, like me, or any of us, is not going to ruin that... so, we should take confidence in the fact that God has it all under control, and just open our ears and eyes, and walk on out in His love.
sandJ