Saturday, January 23, 2010

Leviticus 8-9 today... Leviticus 10-12 tomorrow

Read it.
Sandj

3 comments:

  1. Ok, confession time... I have not been giving my all to learning Leviticus up to this point... you probably had already figured that out, though... funny how the only people we are usually ever fooling when we try to hide our mistakes and sins, is ourselves.
    Any way, I digress, sorry. I say this to let you know that I did add some additional postings/comments to the first two blogs on Leviticus, if you care to read them.
    And now, on to today's reading...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chapter 8: as commanded in Exodus 29...the first several verses made me think about how the Israelites must have felt as they saw God using the things they had made and so diligently worked on for Him... I know I find myself full of joy to know that God can and has used me, and that I did my best for Him.
    verse 12, 14, and others... what is so significant about the head? why the head and not some other part of the body? Just curious.
    verse 22-24... I still think this is weird, but I noticed that Moses never asked why, and it makes me remember Isaiah 55:8-9, that God's ways are higher than ours, so there will be things He will ask us that we will not understand, but that is ok... we need to obey anyway and trust God who is all knowing.
    verse 27-29... I am kind of slow I think, because I finally understand the wave offering... I kept thinking, "this is so weird", but then I realized that the priests are allowed to eat this meat... so, duh!, if they burned it they wouldn't have any food to eat... I'm glad God is so much smarter than I am! :)
    verse 33... they had to stay at the entrance all 7 days... why? So, all could see what God was doing and be reminded of Him and His work in their lives as well, maybe? Do we do this, or do we "hide our candle under a bushel?" No?
    verse 35... "so you will not die"... seemed harsh to me at first, but then I realized that this is the same command/consequence we have today... only ours is spoken in terms of our spiritual, eternal death, which is way worse (Romans 6:23)
    verse 36... Cool to be God's spoke's person ("the Lord commanded THROUGH Moses")... but isn't that what we are all called to be to the lost, though? (Matthew 28:19-20)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chapter 9: verse 2... Why? They were just consecrated... did they sin again already? boy, can I relate... I'd have a regular "bull slaughtering" parking space, I'm sure... I'd be like, "Here's my flock/herd, just keep 'em".
    verse 4... "For today the Lord will appear to you."... Love that! Do I remember that God is with me throughout the whole day... I know that I need to remember that He is with me in every conversation and in every action!
    verse 7... ok, so to answer my own question in part from yesterday, so sometimes, when there was alot of sin, it was "one sacrificed for all"... reminds me of why Jesus came.
    verse 12... I like how the family is ministering together... I need to remember to raise up my kids to serve God by having them do it with me now.
    verse 18... how, when, and by who was the alther cleaned, if at all? good thing it was made of cleanable materials/surface... boy God is smart! :)
    verse 22... Aaron knew when to step down and give God His turn to work... how often do I try to do God's part?
    verse 24... This is just cool! :) They knew God was with them again... most definately a reason to be full of joy and worship Him! :)

    Have a wonderful night... don't forget to worship God today (and never stop) as He is with us for good!
    Much Love,
    sandJ

    ReplyDelete